You are here:

Tax Planning: U.S.

Recent Answers

2016-07-13 Nonprofit Law - Counting of Ballots:

I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. Your matter is controlled by state law and states may differ somewhat

2016-07-07 Nonprofit Law - Benevolent gift to church member:

The Internal Revenue Code at section 102(a) provides that gifts are not income.  "Gross income does not include the value of property acquired by gift..."

2016-07-01 Nonprofit Law - Band Boosters-Band Fees/Out of Town Competitions:

A band booster organization does not have a band. A high school, for example, may have a band and the booster organization may support that band.  If the high school informs the families that certain fees

2016-06-29 Nonprofit Law - Fund Designation:

From what you wrote I do not know whether the account is in the EIN (Employer Identification Number - or Taxpayer Id number) of the School District or, in the alternative in the EIN of a 501(c)(3) booster

2016-06-28 Nonprofit Law - High School Choir Booster Club:

The IRS rule for what nonprofits may spend money on is similar to the standard that the IRS uses when determining what is a valid business expense for an ordinary business. For example, at http://www.irs


Browse Alphabetically

©2016 All rights reserved.