You are here:

Nonprofit Law/Experts

ExpertAverage RatingsExpertise

Harvey Mechanic

DO NOT GIVE ME INFORMATION THAT YOU WANT KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. I am an attorney and I volunteer time to answer general questions about U.S. Federal income tax issues of nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charities only. Those questions could be about establishing and maintaining legal requirements for such non-profit organizations in the United States, including Internal Revenue service filings and requirements. I will not be working on this free forum to answer questions about Nonprofit's possible unrelated or for-profit businesses or how to fill out forms. This forum is only for general questions about federal tax law, not as the law applies to your specific situation. If you do not make your question public then I will not be spending much of my donated time on answers that would not benefit the public. If you have other questions, please contact me at I will reply from my email. In any case, do not reveal confidential information to me until after I have contracted with you to provide personal legal services. My responses on this forum are intended to be general statements of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, and do not create an attorney/client relationship. For .....

Recent Answers

2017-03-25 Booster Club's 503 (c) (3) concerns:

When parents, instead of a 501(c)(3) organization are engaged in a sales business, that activity is taxable just like any ordinary sales business even though the profits might be going to pay for their

2017-03-22 volunteering:

That is not, under tax law, considered volunteering. What the team's policy is better understood by looking that you are getting benefits for work. That is the definition of taxable employment income.

2017-03-17 Establishing 501c3:

You can hire me. I am in Los Angeles now and do federal work (like for IRS exempt organizations). I do not give details for paid work on this free forum.  If you want to hire me, send me an email directly

2017-03-08 508c1a verses 501c3:

Yes. If a church incorporates in one of the United States (and you wrote from Georgia in the United States), then it has made a legally enforceable arrangement with the State. That answers your specific

2017-03-07 Non profit softball team:

1. The contract has at #4, "I cannot refund fundraising money as it is against the law". It is not against the law.  It is not that there is any law stating that such an act may be done.  Here in the United

More Answers in Category Nonprofit Law

Nonprofit Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.