You are here:

Heart & Cardiology/Experts

ExpertAverage RatingsExpertise

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Frank J. Pearl, M.D.

Voluntary Professor of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL. Board certified in cardiovascular disease

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Recent Answers

2015-08-26 calcific aortic stenosis:

Hi Sherry,  If you are a neurologist, you should know that medications will not reverse calcific aortic stenosis. Treatment with a valve replacement becomes necessary if there is a significant gradient

2015-08-22 Heart Scans:

Hi Deborah,  The calcium score has limited value other than demonstrating calcium, but if zero it is very unlikely you have Coronary Artery Disease. That said it is not a very useful test in my mind.

2015-08-11 Echo results:

Hi Susan,  Please read this:  As you'll read, in patients with an otherwise normal heart, PVCs are not dangerous. Your mitral valve

2015-08-11 need answers so i can ask my doctor some questions, he doesn't talk much:

Hi Tod,     Yes, the vessels that have made the new channels are known as collaterals and they can be seen on the angiogram. Collaterals can be very effective.     This is a form of coronary artery disease

2015-08-09 lupus and recent echo:

Hi Dana,    The findings on your echocardiogram are not particularly of concern. The valve regurgitation you have is an entirely normal finding. Your RVSP is not in a concerning

More Answers in Category Heart & Cardiology

Heart & Cardiology

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2015 All rights reserved.