You are here:

Dealing with Depression/Experts

ExpertAverage RatingsExpertise

Johnny St. Tai

It is okay to feel down and out once every so often, as long as you know to reach out for the hands that will pull you back up. I can answer questions about self esteem improvement, relationship with others, depression, and sexuality. I will/cannot give medical advice without an actual examination of the person and his/her medical history, so for those issues, best to find a local specialist/doctor to be safe.

Dr Abhijeet Deshmukh

Hello. I have volunteered here to help you with questions regarding Depression. I intend to focus on the questions which are about how to deal with depression. Even if the depression is part of some other disorder, you can ask me about that. You can also ask me questions related to Psychotherapy for depression. I apply the principles of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy in my own life, and also help my clients/patients with those. I believe in providing my clients/patients with the best possible and evidence based information. The same applies to the online answers here, too.

Daniel Keeran, MSW

This online course ( see ) may provide the insight you need and take your healing a little further.

Patricia A. Schafer, Ph.D.

I received my Ph.D. from Kent State,in Ohio in Counseling.I specialize in various forms of depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and forms of addictions such as substance abuse,eating disorders and gambling. My licenses are: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor -Supervisor(LPCC-S) and Licensed Professional Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC) My experience includes counseling substance abusers, families of alcoholics/drug addictions, and codependency issues. I also specialize in social phobia; stress; anxieties; women`s issues; grief and adjustments to life changes. Some therapeutic techniques used are: CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), DBT (Dialectical Behaviorial Therapy)REBT (Rational Emotive), SFT (Solution Focused) and 12-Step, etc. If you live in the Cleveland area, you can contact me at my office for an appointment at: 440-349-4521. I accept insurance and EAP programs.

Recent Answers

2017-03-01 Depression:

Unless people know that you too have feelings, that you have things to say (yes it's obvious but people need reminders) they won't stop long enough to listen or care in most cases.  I would encourage you

2017-02-20 worried...:

Dear Anton,       You might be thinking about this more than necessary. If you constantly worry about this issue, without actually taking steps towards a healthier life, then you might stress yourself

2017-01-25 Fit of anger:

Hi Ranveer,    I am sorry to hear about your anger - those feelings are difficult to have.  You are thinking about them and then it triggers an angry outburst or look on your face that others can tell

2017-01-23 worried...:

Dear Anton,     1) You may need to check if you are getting overly anxious about your son's situation. All the worst things you have imagined may never happen! Besides, your son may never learn about human

2017-01-22 Depression:

Hello Erica; From where I stand it sure looks like depression, and if left unresolved, will get worse as time drags by. I suggest you seek out a local counselor. Counseling is private, will not show in

More Answers in Category Dealing with Depression

Dealing with Depression

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.