You are here:

Electrical Wiring in the Home/Experts

ExpertAverage RatingsExpertise

Robert Wilber

Licensed Philadelphia electrician serving Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania. I install and repair residential, commercial and industrial wiring and lighting. Troubleshooting and repair of problems that stump other people is my favorite. I am willing to help people figure out why things don`t work. I understand motor controls, transformers and machine wiring. I do not teach basics to novices or do free design work.

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details. Please note that I am a homeowner who is self-taught. I know a lot, but I am not an electrician. I always base my answers on following the rules. If you are asking me how to jury-rig something, you probably won't like my answer.

Recent Answers

2017-01-16 GFCI Breaker Tripping:

It is strange that there is both a bathroom and a bedroom on a GFCI breaker. The bathroom outlet is supposed to be on a circuit with only other bathroom outlets or the bathroom light and fan. Are you sure

2017-01-14 Need Advice on A Electrical issue:

Never replace a breaker with a larger breaker. It would be likely to cause an electrical fire. Make sure the wire is number 12 before using a 20 amp breaker.  Use a 15 amp breaker if the wire is not number

2017-01-13 Sub Panel Choice:

It's just my personal preference. You really don't need that many circuits.  Maybe 2 for lighting and outlets, 2 for the kitchen area, 1 for a bathroom. Plus one for the AC.  Plus any for the heating.

2017-01-09 Sub Panel Choice:

I personally am not a fan of sub panels.  You have a lot of empty spaces in your main panel. If you are using a lot of power at the  basement at one time, you would be limited by the rating of your sub

2016-12-24 Electrical conduction of sooty wires:

You had me going there. I had to look that one up!   It is called THHN. It is hopefully dual rated as THWN which allows burial? the W being for wet locations. I don't understand your reference to O&G.

More Answers in Category Electrical Wiring in the Home

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.