You are here:

Geriatric Medicine/Experts

ExpertAverage RatingsExpertise

Gayle Gwozdz

My name is Gayle and I am an adult nurse practitioner (APRN)whose practice has focused on geriatrics in long term care facilities, evaluating and prescribing medications for medical and psychiatric conditions. I presently perform geriatric home assessments and physical exams in patients' homes. I can answer questions related to assisting adult children in keeping their parents at home, advising when a specialist should be consulted, advising if medications may be causing certain new problems that have arisen. Having cared for my dad with Alzheimer's for 14 years I am quite knowledgeable about what is normal and abnormal when it comes to this disease. I can help direct individuals to resources and support services that they may be unaware of. Lastly, I can make recommendations that can be brought back to the patient's doctor if he/she is willing to consider alternatives to the current treatment plan regarding a particular issue or medical problem.

Recent Answers

2016-12-10 exhaustion:

Dear Philip,  It is usually best for an elderly person to be kept in an environment that is familiar to him/her. As long as it is not so burdensome on you that you are not able to function and have somewhat

2016-12-02 exhaustion:

I'm sorry, I did forget to address the issue of how to "avoid" having a stroke. The best way to avoid having a stroke is to maintain a BP close to what is considered the "normal" range. Here in the states

2016-12-02 exhaustion:

Dear Philip:    I think the fact that you are signed up for "memory services" is a good thing. It is concerning to me when a doctor chalks everything up to old age rather than to investigate until he/she

2016-12-01 exhaustion:

Hi Philip:    If you have the need to write in the future, kindly include a list of your mom's medical conditions and the medications that she takes. The fact that she was prescribed folic acid for a while

More Answers in Category Geriatric Medicine

Geriatric Medicine

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.