You are here:

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Experts

ExpertAverage RatingsExpertise


Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

Randall Brody, EA, MBA, CCP

Tax Samaritan is a boutique firm specializing in the preparation of taxes and the resolution of tax problems for Americans living abroad, as well as the unique tax issues that apply to taxpayers that are gamblers, teachers, nurses and military.

IJ Zemelman, EA MBA

I am an IRS-authorized EA and principal of a Tax Preparation firm focusing on U.S. Expatriates. We specialize in all tax issues faced by American citizens living abroad - such as foreign earned income, tax treaties, foreign spouse, etc. Visit our website - - for more information.


Federal income tax questions.

John Stancil, CPA

I can answer questions on personal income taxes, partnerships, and some corporate income taxes. I can deal with some state tax questions. Limited gift and estate tax questions. I am also familiar with ministerial and church tax reporting issues. I am Professor Emeritus at Florida Southern College. Sales taxes and property taxes are state and local issues so I am not likely be be able to give you an in depth answer on those types of taxes. I have maintained a CPA practice, specializing in tax, for over 35 years. I am a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, The Florida Insititute of CPA's, The NCPE Fellowship. In addition I am a Certified Mentor for SCORE. Visit my website at I also offer seminars and consultations to churches and clergy on their tax issues at Also visit my blog, I am listed on Tax Connections at Prepare and file your own taxes at

Recent Answers

2016-10-17 Taxes after death:

Michael,    Thanks for your question.    Any assets owned by the deceased would go to help pay the debt, including any life insurance, retirement plans or the like. If any assets had been recently transferred

2016-10-10 Personal tax:

Jay,    Thanks for your question.    Yes, that would be taxable income. Since the underlying property (the condo) is a capital asset, the buyout would be a capital gain, reported on Schedule D. There may

2016-10-07 taxes on outstanding 401k loan on death of participant:

Freida,    Thanks for your question.    Any time an employee takes out a loan against his 401(k) and terminates from service or dies, the balance of the loan is considered a distribution. Since you were

2016-10-05 taxes:

Jo,    Thanks for your questions.    Most of your questions can be answered at a blog that I wrote.    You will

2016-10-05 SEP IRA for clergy:

Rich,    Thanks for your question.    You are dual status, and part of what that means is that, for income tax, you are considered an employee. Since a SEP-IRA is based on being self employed for income

More Answers in Category Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2016 All rights reserved.