Alzheimer`s Disease/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I can offer families and caregivers non-diagnostic answers to questions regarding the disease. I travel around the state giving courses on Alzheimer`s disease for nurses and CNA`s.

Past/Present Clients

I have coordinated Alzheimer's Clinical drug trials since 1987. I have coordinated the Memory Disorders Clinic since it's inception 1994. I also have personnal experience from caring for my mother who died of AD 5/2000 and presently from caring for my mother in law who was diagnosed in March 2000.

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
JoAnne08/26/16101010Thank you! I am working on that .....
Len11/05/15101010Hi Paula, Thanks very much for your .....
Brooke07/24/15101010Thank you for your answer! I really .....
Autumn05/02/15101010Thank you Paula for your advice!

Recent Answers from Paula Damgaard

2016-08-26 Concern about step mother:

Hi JoAnne,     First thing I would suggest is NOT to reason with her. It won't work and she'll end up resenting you more.     Second, does she have a doctor she goes to regularly? If so I would write him/her

2016-01-15 Question:

Hi Bud,     I think you are correct in speaking to your doctor about all the medications you are taking and their side effects. I would also get a complete physical to include blood work to make sure that

2015-07-24 Depression with Alzheimers:

Brooke,  Usually people have depression before the diagnosis. That being said, depending on the stage of the disease, being told one has AD is pretty depressing! People with dementia can also be reacting

2015-04-05 Anti Psychotic Drug Quetiapine:

I'm sorry your dad is experiencing these side effects. Unfortunately every drug has side effects and with dementia patients rarely are they minimal. None of the "behavioral" drugs have ever been tested

2014-11-21 Suspected Alzheimer's Disease:

Kalyan, my question to you is: has he seen a dementia specialist or only his own doctor? If he hasn't I would get him an appointment ASAP. That doctor can advice you as to what drugs he can be given. I


Ask A Question

Alzheimer`s Disease

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2016 All rights reserved.