You are here:

German Law/Expert Profile

Ask A Question

Andreas Moser


Follow me on:


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Experience in the area

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.



2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Patricia 02/27/17101010Thank you once again Andreas for a .....
Patricia 02/27/17101010Thank you Andreas for such solid, useful .....
Rick02/17/17101010I was impressed and very pleased to .....
Lino Quatela12/26/16101010Hi Andreas, thanks a lot for your .....

Recent Answers from Andreas Moser

2017-02-27 Born 1962 to German mother and American father:

Dear Patricia,    first of all, thank you very much for your donation!    To satisfy the income requirement in Germany, you only need to show that you can survive without recourse to welfare. That means

2017-02-26 Born 1962 to German mother and American father:

Dear Patricia,    you have two options:    a) You could apply for naturalization from abroad based on being the child of a German mother born before 1975. See no. 8 of my FAQ on more of this: https://andreasmoser

2017-02-24 Sole custody right in Germany:

Dear Kimberly,    your rights as the mother are exactly the same as those of the father. You are both parents, you both decided to get married and be parents together, and you both have shared custody

2017-02-21 What age can a child say they don't want to see the other parent?:

Hello Carmen,    the information you received is wrong (a), but it is also irrelevant (b)    (a) Under German law, the age is 18, i.e. when your son is an adult. Until then, he is subject to family law

2017-02-16 German land title / US citizens:

Hello Rick,    the "Erbscheinantrag" actually is something different, it's a request with the local court in Germany to be appointed as official heirs. To file that request, however, the documents you


Ask A Question

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.