Careers: Teaching/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I am teaching or have taught AP physics B and C [calculus based mechanics & electricity and magnetism] as well as Lab Physics for college bound students. I have a BS in Physics from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master of Arts in Teaching from same. I have been teaching physics for 27 years.

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Praveen01/14/13101010I am very glad to get answer .....

Recent Answers from James J. Kovalcin

2014-06-02 Certified Math Teacher:

There is a common test called the Praxis provide by the ETS. Just do a Google search for "Praxis Math" and it will take to the site. Unfortunately, many public schools, due to federal No Child Left Behind

2014-02-20 Career in teaching:

The University of Kentucky site has links to all 50 US states' requirements for teacher certification:  Every state in the

2012-12-19 Optics:

Assuming that n=1.5 is the index of refraction and that this is a double convex lens with both radii of curvature of R=20cm, the focal length of this lens will be given by the "Lensmaker's Formula":  1/f=(n-1)*(1/R1+1/R2)=(1

2012-11-25 Pursuing Teching:

I can't give you a specific answer to your question because every state has its own requirements for the teacher certification process. My best recommendation is that you look at the University of Kentucky

2012-04-30 Teacher's future with 2 misdemeanors.:

In the current environment I think that your friend will need to look elsewhere. Public and even private schools at the k-12 levels are looking at even the smallest infraction to cover themselves. The


Ask A Question

Careers: Teaching

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.