Property & Casualty Insurance/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I'm an insurance adjuster. If you have had an insurance loss your in the right place. Insurance coverages is not my forte, you would want to ask one of the other experts who are insurance agents. I'm able to answer questions regarding coverage, damage valuation, basically anything to do with property & casualty. My expertise is accessing damage putting a valuation on that damage and proving damage to an insurance company adjuster on behalf of a homeowner or business owner. I'm able to answer or get the answer regarding underwriting. Please no questions on automobile coverage you know more than me in that area.

Experience in the area

20 years as a licensed adjuster, handling 1000's of homeowners and commercial claims in Michigan, Louisiana, and Florida. I own a Public Adjusting Company, Advanced Adjusting LLC in Milford MI.


Business degree with an emphasis on accounting from Arizona State University, graduating in the Fall of 1984. I have taught and participated in continuing education courses in the field of property and casualty.

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Scott08/23/16101010Thanks a lot for the great info! .....
Scott08/05/16101010Thanks very much for such thorough information .....
John07/15/15101010Very helpful information. Made it possible to .....
Vicki Perham05/26/15101010Clear, precise and - most important- honest .....

Recent Answers from James R Carrier

2015-12-10 Water Damage:

Jeff, I can answer part of your question, the groundwater exclusion does not apply. If, after reading the policy nothing else excludes the issue it would be covered. I can't be certain, but I would think

2015-07-06 Water damage liability:

Your required to notify your insurer of any possible pending litigation involving your property that your Renters insurance covered. Renters insurance does cover Washing Machines which seems to be the

2015-05-26 Pool collapse as it pertains to neighbor's property:

Vicki,    Typically you would have to call your agent and notify them of your improvement to the property. In the case of a pool there is a possibility your premium would be affected, they should be notified

2014-12-14 Depreciating Labor:

Ron,    The cost of labor cannot be depreciated. Labor itself cannot be depreciated but in an insurance estimate labor is a part of the cost but typically not separated out for specific costs. For instance

2014-08-06 inground pool:

Marilyn,    Your pool builder does not have the expertise to determine whether a ground shift caused a crack or not. Your insurance company for obvious reasons though would like to make you believe his


Ask A Question

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.