Plumbing in the Home/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

Experience in the area

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired


Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Past/Present Clients

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Michael12/27/16101010Very useful answer,much appreciated!
Bob12/12/16101010Excellent advice. Thanks for steering me in .....
Steve11/12/16101010Good advice Jay,thanks...

Recent Answers from Jay Nicholas

2017-01-10 Thermopile Testing:

Hello KC  First, I would check the output with another meter. I've seen some thermopile approach the 900 range but it is on those rare occasions when the pilot was excessive. These thing generate by means

2017-01-07 Leaking water heater drain valve:

KC , when these valves are opened often times sediment gets caught up between the seat and the internal stop. Try opening and closing the valve several times to see if you can flush it clean. If that doesn't

2016-12-26 Changing washer in utility sink cold line:

Michael, I would definitely use a penetrating oil or spray on the bonet nut. Spray it an give it time to work. Overnight at the minimum. I use a product called liquid wrench but there are several out there

2016-12-12 Banging pipes:

Bob, When vibrating waterlines and pipe banging occurs, it has been my experience that the culprit is usually a valve washer or faucet washer issue. If you have a faucet that uses cartridges instead of

2016-11-09 Joining pvc at different angles:

Hi Steve,  I would cut a wye in to the horizontal line(background pipe) and lay it slightly less than flat then I would use a couple 45 and or street 45's to make the desired angle.  A straight 45 on the


Ask A Question

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.