You are here:

Indian Law/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.

Experience in the area

I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.


Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore





Awards and Honors

Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

Past/Present Clients

I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.

What do you still hope to achieve/learn in this field?

More theoritical as well as practical knowledge.

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Gagan Joseph09/29/161010No mentioned of legal fee to government .....
Nawal08/26/16101010Thank you sir..
Jidan06/05/16101010Thank you sir for your timely response .....
Rohan06/04/16101010Thanks for your valuable revert. Keep going .....
DEEPESH05/15/16I did not get any proper answer .....

Recent Answers from Arun Kumar Maitra

2016-12-02 PSU Service agreement:

It is fully at the discretion of the management to transfer an employee to any of its units.However,an employee has right to resign from the service of the company any time by complying with  the conditions

2016-08-31 director absconding:

Staff can file a recovery suit against the company for non-payment of their outstanding dues;  All directors being Principal Officers of the Company will remain liable to settle the dues of the creditors

2016-08-22 Notice period during technical resignation:

You can resign subject to the termination clause contained in your letter of engagement.If you are selected in another Govt. post by applying through proper channel,even then you shall have to resign by

2016-08-01 Personal lian overdue:

Since you have committed a breach of contract,the Bank has every right to recover the loan amount by following the legal process.They can certainly approach the court for issue of a warrant.Best course

2016-07-22 Resignation not acceoted/rejected:

An employee or an employer can always terminate the contract as per terms contained in the engagement letter.Since you have resigned by agreeing to pay for the shorter notice,the management is legally


Ask A Question

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.