Traveling with Children/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I am a writer specializing in topics related to family, especially enjoying travel and the outdoors with children. My husband and I have traveled extensively with our own 2 sons - now ages 10 and 14 - since they were infants. I can advise on travel by air or car and on a variety of destinations across the US. We also enjoy many outdoor activities with our sons. For more information, see my websites: and

Experience in the area

Traveling with my own 2 boys since they were infants, by air and car, to a wide variety of destinations, both urban and outdoor. Writing about travel with children.


FAMILY FUN magazine
See my website for articles and tips on traveling with kids.

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Dee11/15/12101010Thank you so much for your ideas! .....
A Adams05/03/12101010Thank you so much. Some of the .....
Angelito Jalova04/27/12101010 

Recent Answers from Suzan Jackson

2016-03-18 Traveling with child from CT to Orlando:

Dear Heather -     You are thinking along the right lines! Make getting there a part of the fun, instead of a trial to be endured. We took a 3-week long road trip with our two boys every summer and always

2014-03-04 No heights:

Dear Margie -     Thanks - that gives me more to go on!    You might try to plan your trip around a single great thing you want to do, like a children's museum you want to visit or a great festival you

2014-03-02 No heights:

There are almost an unlimited number of places you could travel to in the US where you can avoid heights. You'll have to narrow things down a bit!    You said what you want to avoid, but what do you and

2013-09-22 family vacay:

Hi, Jacky -     I'd be glad to offer some suggestions, but you've left out some critical information here - especially where you live!    Also, you say you want to go someplace new, but you haven't mentioned

2012-11-29 Canadian citizen travelling with a 16 year old niece to USA:

Dear Cesar -    The place to go for official requirements for crossing the border is the US State Department website.  Here is a link to the US/Canada requirements:


Ask A Question

Traveling with Children

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]