Auto Insurance Claims/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


For questions involving auto damage claims, collision repair, forensics, industry practices, we can help. We specialize in claims for loss of resale value (Diminished Value).

Experience in the area

I have 30 years experience in the collision repair and body reconstruction field, both hands-on and from behind the desk. I hold a Master Certification from ASE in the Body and Paint category, as well as their certification in Estimating. I have authored over 120 feature and training articles for the largest trade journal devoted to the collision repair industry, and have given expert testimony in court dozens of times. Licensed physical damage appraiser in Pennsylvania and reciprocal states.

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
jared06/02/16101010Thank you Charlie for your help.
davina12/27/13101010thank you, i will get on to .....
roy11/16/13101010I am more than surprised and delighted .....
Melody10/24/13101010Thanks for the advice and fast response .....

Recent Answers from Charlie Barone

2016-06-18 DV claim for out of state accident:

Bill,    You can do either one, but I prefer to perform a physical inspection of the vehicle so I can note the changes brought about by the damage repairs, such as missing Federal Anti-Theft Standard labels

2016-06-02 Registration suspended due to insurance company negligence:

Jared,    While I am more of an expert in claims for autos and yours is a question regarding coverage I do know that a policy which has been cancelled due to operating a vehicle without coverage does impact

2016-01-24 Woman Failing To Pay Damages To My Rear Bumper:

Mike,     I am unsure of your state,  which is important in terms of whether or not uninsured motorists coverage applies to property damage, however based on the fact there was an independent adjuster

2015-08-20 DV:

You can select anyone mutually agreeable to both sides. There is no criteria that must be met for the individual serving as umpire. Car dealers, body shop owners or collectors of cars typically serve as


An insurer of a third party has no legal duty to you, but their policyholder (the one deemed to be at-fault in the accident) does. Apply your pressure to them, but cc their insurer on your demand letters


Ask A Question

Auto Insurance Claims

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]