Kickboxing/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I can answer questions relating to training and teaching methods for different kickboxing arts.

Experience in the area

I am an instructor of Muay Thai, the Thai national art. I am also an instructor of Boxe Francaise-Savate, the French martial art. I am also an instructor of Jun Fan Gung Fu/Kickboxing, the personal art of the late Bruce Lee.


Thai Boxing Association of the uSA
Boxe Francaise-Savate Federation of the uSA
Inosanto International Martial Art Instructors Association

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Katherine12/01/15101010Expert provided a very good, and detailed .....
Margaret01/07/15101010I found Mr Woods to be very .....
Kanwal05/19/14101010Thanks Sifu..
sindhu11/12/13101010Thanks Could you suggest me more about .....

Recent Answers from Dwight Woods

2015-10-31 Painful shins:

Bill,  Usually it gets easier and less painful over time when  kicking the bag.  But it can be different for everyone.  I never had any pain when I started kicking the  heavy bag back in 1984.  Have you

2014-05-12 Muay Thai- Preperation Exercises,,,,:

Kanwal,  Use the gym over the next three months for full-body workouts about three times per week.  Focus on leg exercises (squats, leg press), chest and back exercises (bench press, military press, pull-ups

2013-06-16 kicking:

TK,  If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying your front kick is no problem but your round (hook) kick is.  One key in developing a rear-leg hook kick is pivoting on the ball of the support foot

2012-05-13 Isn't my height too big?:

No at all, Arnas, you're definitely not too tall for kickboxing. Actually you can use your size to great advantage if you look at your size as an asset. You'll have incredible reach with both your arms

2012-05-07 Kickboxing foot injury:

Don't continue to train until AFTER your foot heals!  sounds like a good sprain. did you do the R.I.C.E. method immediately afterwards?  I'm not a doctor so I can't give medical advice  but always best


Ask A Question


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.