Building Homes or Extensions/Expert Profile

Ask A Question

Martin Owen


Follow me on:


Anything relating to the design and construction of extensions and loft conversions.

Experience in the area

I currently work as an Architectural Technologist for, where I design extensions and advise on legal implications.


Degree in Architectural Design and Technology

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Nushaba09/30/13101010Thank you so much for your reply
Nushaba09/03/13101010Thank you very mcuh
Helen04/25/13101010Thank you for your very prompt advice .....
becki copeland03/08/13101010 
Vianey02/23/13101010Thank you for the advice I will .....

Recent Answers from Martin Owen

2014-12-10 Electric Shower:

Shower units shouldn't be open and you should not be able to see wires. I would recommend speaking to your local council. They will inspect the property and if it is unsafe they can negotiate with your

2014-12-10 Regulations:

It is possible to have a sewage manhole inside a home, but the cover should be sealed. It can sill be opened, but there should be rubber gaskets and clamps. If there are smells from the drain then they

2014-07-29 waterbed:

You will need to know the floor construction (timber/concrete, etc.) It's thickness and span. You should be able to get the weight of the bed from the manufacturers datasheet, but if not it's quite easy

2013-11-23 2nd floor extension and roof modification:

Hi, sorry for the delay. Permitted development guidelines are very useful for people who live in standard homes. With more complicated building designs,it is not straightforward.     Changing a hipped

2013-11-23 2nd floor extension and roof modification:

You would need to give a lot more information about the structure of the buildings before I could give any advice on this. I would recommend you get somebody to come out and take a look at it, rather than


Ask A Question

Building Homes or Extensions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.