Early Childhood Education/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I will answer questions in the area of Child Development for children ages two to five. This includes social, emotional, cognitive & language development, large motor & fine motor skills, behavioral issues, potty training and parental concerns. I can give ideas for lesson plans and classroom activities. I will also help with daycare/preschool policies. I can also help with licensing requirements for preschools/daycare, however, I am only familiar with the licensing requirements for the state of Michigan.

Experience in the area

I have been teaching in preschools for 25 years. My main experience has been with children two to five years of age. The last 16 years I have been the lead teacher for the pre-kindergarten program.




I have a B.S. degree and a teaching certificate in elementary education with a ZA endorsement (child development) from my graduate level classes.

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Prashant S Akerkar06/28/12101010Dear Sue Thank you. Thanks & Regards .....
Andrea06/22/11101010Thankyou sue for your feed back its .....
Rebecca 02/27/11101010Thank you! Your response helped me very .....
shawanza07/17/10101010Great points. I feel that Sue gave .....

Recent Answers from Sue

2014-02-02 Preschool Requirements:

Hi Lacy,    You can find the qualifications from the site Michigan.gov., Department of Human Services, Child Care Licensing.  To be a lead teacher in a classroom you will need at least a two year degree

2013-08-15 Five Year Old Stepson - Language Barrier:

Hi Elmo,  I suggest you talk to the school your stepson will be attending.  If at all possible, talk to the kindergarten teacher.  It will be so stressful for him to have to learn letters, numbers, or

2012-06-25 Double Promotion or Grade Skipping.:

Hi Prashant,  This is a question that I could only answer on a individual basis.  It very much depends on the child.  Due to the fact that I teach preschool children, I don't run across this.  But in my

2012-04-30 Pre-school name:

Hi Leigh,    If your entire center is licensed by the state, (including any additional rooms you may be using), then you are probably ok.  But just to be sure, you should contact state licensing and ask

2011-11-02 daycare / preschool:

HI Kathlyn,  I am nost familar with licensing regulations in your state.  To find this information out contact your state government agency that licenses childcare centers.   Do a search for your state


Ask A Question

Early Childhood Education

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.