US Government Information/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


Social Security retirement planning and all questions about Social Security eligibility and entitlement.

Experience in the area

Worked for the Social Security Administration for 33 years



33 years employment with the Social Security Administration

Awards and Honors

Many outstanding performance awards while employed at the Social Security Administration

What do you like about this subject?

The rules are very complicated, so it is always a challenge to answer questions accurately

Something controversial or provocative about this subject

Social Security actually makes many errors and they give out misinformation due to the complexity of the program.

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Janine09/18/16101010Darlene answered promptly, efficiently and was very .....
Helen08/27/16101010Very Helpful and polite
Kenneth07/31/16101010Thanks for the information!
Robert06/25/16101010thanks again for your very prompt and .....

Recent Answers from Darlene Oldendick

2016-09-17 Spousal Social Security Benefit filing:

Janine    She should receive an additional surviving divorced spouse benefit that is the difference between his higher benefit and the benefit she receives from her work record.  If he retired early and

2016-07-31 Medicare:

Hello Kenneth,    You may want to consider filing for Medicare Part A Hospital Insurance.  This is premium free and can help with hospital bills after your employer insurance has paid.  On the application

2016-05-31 ssi:

SSI is not my area of expertise.  The maximum federal SSI benefit is $733.  I do not know the amount of the NY state supplement.  This information does appear on letters from Social Security that explain

2016-05-31 Social Security Conserved Funds:

We suggest that you visit your local office and request the manager do a manager to manager request to the payment center to get this paid.  While it may not be their priority, two years is not acceptable

2016-05-17 Divorced Spouse retirement benefits:

If the divorce decree shown your marriage date, the marriage certificate will not be needed.  You should  be able to obtain a marriage certificate certified by the custodian of the marriage record in Israel


Ask A Question

US Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.