Tax Planning/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


My expertise is in collecting past due taxes and tax returns. While at the IRS I worked on wage and bank levies, liens, Offer in Compromise, late filing and payment agreements every day. I spoke with over 20,000 people concerning their issues while I worked there (just retired).

Experience in the area

Ten years working for the the IRS in Collections and tax return review. Worked with over 20,000 people on their IRS issues. Explained their options and usually worked out a solution while they were on the phone.


Masters Degree from Iowa State in Ames.

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
al10/08/16101010Very good
Jet04/11/16101010 Thanks a lot!
don03/08/16101010the best!
Roman02/16/16101010I GOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR
annie02/03/16101010Short and sweet reply. Thanks a lot .....

Recent Answers from Richard S

2016-12-25 NGOs/Charities Not Paying Sales Tax:

Dovi,  Sorry, haven't read any statistics about NGOs and whether they recap any sales tax thru their tax returns. My expertise is much more on the personal side - rather than the corporate. And, on the

2016-10-05 taxes:

Al, so can't tell if it's a smart move, but lots of people do it to make an income. You can claim all your expenses: cell phone, gas, car lease, car insurance, parking, an occasional meal, etc. You can

2016-08-12 w4 status:

Harry,  The best way to handle the W4 is to take the deduction that matches how many people live in your house and see how that works next spring when you do your taxes. So, if you have a child living

2016-05-14 income tax:

Dennis,  I would purchase TurboTax, or similar, and let the software take you through the process of filing your federal and state taxes. The software makes it easy to file, although since you are filing

2016-03-13 Tax basis when refinancing primary or second home.:

William,  Usually it's the HUD statement that is used as a reference. If you were audited you would have to prove the costs. My take is anything listed on the HUD statement should be fine. If there are


Ask A Question

Tax Planning

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.