You are here:

Tax Planning/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


As an Enrolled Agent, I am fully capable of providing tax advice as it relates to personal and business income taxes. Enrolled Agents are the only Federally licensed tax practitioners and are admitted to practice before all administrative functions of the IRS. My specialty is working with small business owners who file Schedule "C" and helping them to structure their business in such a way as to maximize as many tax advantages as possible. I also enjoy working with individuals who have both routine as well as complex tax situations. I prefer to concentrate on individuals and small business tax planning.

Experience in the area

I have a 25 year background in financial services including tax, bookkeeping, insurance, real estate and securities. I was previously the Chief Financial Officer of a local and national franchise organization. I am currently semi-retired, but used to own (in partnership with another EA) an individual and small business financial engineering firm where I work with nearly 2,500 individuals and small business owners in nearly every state and almost every continent, assisting them in all aspects of their tax and financial well-being. I have prepared or reviewed more than 8,000 tax returns in my career.


National Association of Tax Professionals



Enrolled Agent, Admitted to Practice Before the IRS, Accredited Tax Preparer, Fellow of National Tax Practice Institute, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor (1999-2011), Sleeter Group Certified QuickBooks Consultant, Life & Disability Insurance Agent License (California, Texas, Maine), Real Estate Agent License (California); Many years of continuing education in all these fields.

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Dave10/18/16101010 Answered my question very quickly, and .....
Bob06/02/16101010Thank you very much for your quick .....
Zent04/11/16101010Thanks a lot!

Recent Answers from OWEN S. ARNOFF, EA

2016-10-18 quarterly tax question.:

Dave - I am happy to answer your questions.    First, you are correct that you will have to file a Schedule C or C-EZ.  If your gross income is $150 per month, you may also have expenses that will be able

2016-10-05 my taxes:

Joe - You would be entitled to any deduction that is ordinary and necessary to operate your business.  As to whether or not your lease payment and insurance would be directly deductible, that would depend

2016-08-24 Tax Preparation Fees:

Sasha - I am pleased to respond to your question.    Personal tax preparation expense is generally not deductible as a corporate business expenses and is therefore properly recorded as a distribution to

2016-08-12 w4:

I am unlcear about why you say "advantage".  If that is your filing status, it is perfectly OK to use it.  That status has benefits between Single and Married as far as the standard deduction is concerned

2016-06-13 US Taxes and Dual Citizenship:

The certainty is that 'yes' they do need to file a tax return in the US.  Whether they will owe any money is a different story.  As usual, the answer depends on facts and circumstances.  I would contact


Ask A Question

Tax Planning

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2016 All rights reserved.