Chimney & Fireplaces/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I am a chimney sweep with over 22 years of experience, CSIA certified and member of the NCSG, I can answer questions about smoky fire places, wood stoves, and heating units (boiler and furnace chimneys) do you need a relining? A cap? And much more

Experience in the area

over 22 years


Chimney Safety Institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild


CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Brian09/13/16101010Thanks. They don't make the fireplace any .....
Jude06/10/16101010Rapid response. Easy to understand. Unfortunately confirmed .....
John03/11/16101010Great info

Recent Answers from James Ball

2016-11-16 heatilator:

Welcome back Gayle, I have never been a big fan of these Metal firebox Heatolators, great idea but never really lasted ,I would have a local Certified Chimney Sweep, (there you can look up

2016-11-12 heatilator:

Gayle, it is a Heatilator Stove? PreFab fireplace or a Metal fire box fireplace?  James

2016-10-02 Wood stove:

Jello Justin, you have to use their panels (any other might cause over heating/fire) I would go back to the manufacturer and if you can't find them then the stove should be replaced.  Also I would have

2016-09-13 True Heat Fireplace:

Hello Brian, I am not familiar  with that system, but that looks like the Pipe is used not the cap, you must use OEM parts, the Chase Cover can be made by anyone, I would replace the chase cover with a

2016-03-08 Firebox:

Hello Elisabeth, 1st lets start with it sounds like you have a PreFab fireplace, if so there will be a Tag up inside or behind the screen some where, that will tell you who made and then you can look for


Ask A Question

Chimney & Fireplaces

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2016 All rights reserved.