Canada - Government Information/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and former Canadian diplomat and immigration program manager. I have 20 years of federal government experience in Asia, Europe, the United States, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Africa, and with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration, and the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade in Ottawa, Canada. I am currently the Senior Immigration Advisor for Pace Law Firm in Toronto, the Director of Immigration for the Cirque du Soleil, and the National Policy Director for the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC). I can answer all questions related to Canada's immigration requirements and procedures: (1) permanent residence in Canada for business people (investors, entrepreneurs, self-employed, professionals, skilled workers, provincial nominees, spouses and other family members, humanitarian reasons and refugees; (2) temporary residence -- tourist visas, study permits for international students, work permits, and temporary residence permits; (3) settling in Canada, Canadian residency requirements, Canadian citizenship and Canadian passports; (4) queries concerning Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB), Immigration Québec, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT), Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC), etc. Please note that my responses are for information purposes only. To formally engage my professional services and obtain professional advice please contact me directly. Je suis couramment bilingue et en mesure de répondre à vos questions en français.

Experience in the area

1982-2001 - Counsellor, Consul, Vice-Consul, immigration program manager, deputy director, special advisor and visa officer. I have had various assignments around the world: Asia, Europe, the United States, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Africa and Canada. Since 2001, I have done migration consulting work for individuals, corporations, institutions, and organizations such as the International Organization for Migration (IOM). I am accredited by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). Je suis un ancien diplomate canadien et expert en matière d’immigration. Pendant vingt ans de service avec le gouvernement fédéral, j’ai occupé de nombreux postes diplomatiques et consulaires en Asie, en Europe, aux États-Unis, au Moyen-Orient, aux Antilles, en Afrique, ainsi qu’avec le Ministère de Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada (CIC), et le Ministère des Affaires étrangères et Commerce International du Canada (MAECI) à Ottawa. En tant qu’expert reconnu dans le secteur de l’immigration, j’ai effectué plusieurs travaux de conseil en migration pour l’Organisation Internationale pour les Migrations (OIM), pour des entreprises canadiennes et pour des particuliers. Je suis un consultant canadien agréé en immigration (CCAI) basé à Montréal, Canada. Je suis également membre du Conseil de la Réglementation des consultants en immigration du Canada (CRCIC, membre no R416007), directeur des politiques de l’Association Canadienne des Conseillers Professionnels en Immigration (ACCPI), et directeur d'immigration pour le Cirque du Soleil.


Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (regulatory body), Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants.


M.A. Journalism (1992) UWO London, Ontario; B.A. Political Science (1982) Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec; RCIC -- Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Manpreet singh07/02/15101010thank you
Alyn05/03/15101010Thanks so much
mohammad sadat rahman03/10/15101010 
Sanjay10/18/13101010Thank you sir, may god bless you .....

Recent Answers from Tim Morson

2015-06-28 PR visa on old passport:

Hello Prabhu,    It would be best to get your visa transferred to your new passport. Although the Canada border officer would accept the visa in the old passport, the problem will be with the airlines

2015-06-13 Regarding ECA:

Hello Manpreet,    Distance education can be recognized, but you should be sure that the program you are following will have value from an immigration point of view. You should also ensure that you will

2015-03-19 giving birth in canada for temporary resident:

Hello Sarah,    There are no immigration impediments to giving birth in Canada, but you will want to ensure that you have proper medical care (doctor and hospital), and medical insurance coverage that

2015-03-08 Express Entry - Caution - Sound Immigration Advice:

Dead Mohammad,    Thank you for your very important message.    The first question you must ask your consultant is: is he or she recognized by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)

2014-04-09 help with refusal of study permit:

Dear Bristy,    When an application for a study permit is refused, the visa officer considers a host of factors including whether undertaking studies in Canada is a legitimate objective and whether the


Ask A Question

Canada - Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.