Antique Clocks/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


I will answer any clock repair questions to the best of my ability but not appraisal questions.

Experience in the area

I have been repairing mechanical and electric clocks for over 25 years.


I am a current expert in the small appliance catagory.


BS Education

Past/Present Clients

We have been in business in the Madison, Wi. area for over 30 years.

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Jim09/23/16101010Thanks for the quickness of your response .....
Gary Tipton06/05/161010 
Susan05/31/16101010Wayne didn't provide me with the exact .....
Lyn04/16/16101010You were absolutely right! The hour hand .....

Recent Answers from Wayne

2017-03-28 age of movement:

Hermle only made wind-up movements until the early 90's.  I do not think that they made the quartz movements either.  I was probably made in China and the Hermle name was stamped on the movement.  I think

2017-01-12 miller mantel chiming clock:

I think you may mean Howard Miller.  If Howard Miller Co has a web site I would try there.  If not try the National Watch and Clock Museum.  You have to have a manufactures production book to tell using

2016-09-23 clockchimes:

If the center of the minute hand is solid with just a hole in it there is nothing much you can do.  If it has a bushing insert on it there may be something you can do.  If the center of the hand is solid

2016-07-14 Lanshire self starting clock/lamp:

I have not seen a clock like this before so I am not going to be much help to you.  I will however direct you to:    This is the National Association of Watch and Clocks and they should be

2016-07-10 clock part:

That is a standard part that is used on a lot of different grandfather movements.  You should be able to order the parts you need from  There should be a picture of what you need there as


Ask A Question

Antique Clocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.