Masonry/Brick Laying/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


All question's on bricklaying, stone work ,slab and paving laying concreting plastering renderwork.Setting out with Total Stations from greenfield site to building completion, In the UK only

Experience in the area

Timeserved bricklayer / site engineer.Site Manager


Scottish Apprenticeships in bricklaying timeserved. Building and civil engineering site management CITB
UK Construction only

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
baptu09/16/09101010answer is stisfied
Fred04/10/08101010Thank you. I'll try to get you .....
CIRO CHAVEZ04/07/081010 
Joy01/07/08101010very helpful thanks
Gini01/06/08Not helpful and unclear.

Recent Answers from Bill-C

2014-01-10 Retaining wall:

James,    First obvious task would be to assess what the cause is and remedy.  Without proper information I would have to hazard a guess.Guessing is not my business.  If it is the earth that's being retained

2011-12-06 Paver brick tire marks:

Beryl,    Try using diluted brickclean acid(diluted hydrocloric ) and agitiate vigirously then pressure wash.You should get this from your local DIY.  If this fails use an abrasive disc or floor dander

2009-09-16 Mortar:

Raymond,      If you can under your contract with the builder , have them return and dismantle and rebuild the brick walling.  It appears the tenting protection and induced heat has failed and the mortar

2009-09-13 laying brick over concrete:

Hi Susan      You would fill the horizontal and vertical joints with sand and cement mortar.  Depending on the strength of the bricks you would have to clarify but as general rule the mortar has to be

2009-09-12 brick masonry:

In answer to your question as follows    1  frogs are laid depending on the type of brick and frog.  Mainly they should be laid frog uppermost and filled .  Bricklayers sometimes lay them down so as to


Ask A Question

Masonry/Brick Laying

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.