Inheritance and Property Rights/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


Probate estate and trust questions regarding California and Arizona estates.

Experience in the area

I've been practicing real estate, probate estate and trust law in California since 1985 and in Arizona since 2005. I do NOT do homework questions. I am unable to advise on questions involving the laws of other states.


Arizona and California State Bar Associations and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.


Business degree from the University of New Mexico Juris Doctorate from Lincoln Law School of Sacramento, CA

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Mark01/08/17101010Fantastic information
Paul12/29/16101010Thank you very much, really appreciated your .....
Lee08/28/16101010Thank you a lot for the helpful .....
shawn06/18/16101010Thank you

Recent Answers from LEE HORNER ESQ.

2017-01-04 title transfer:

Keep in mind the will can be changed at any time while your dad is alive and your siblings may encourage that.   This is a bit out of my area but let me suggest you contact your county elder abuse people

2017-01-03 title transfer:

Yes - exactly what I was looking for.  Your parents held the property as "tenancy by the entireties" which is a concept I can't tell you much about except that it's just for married people.    What you

2017-01-03 title transfer:

First thing get a copy of his deed and see how title reads as to him and your mom. Joint tenants maybe?  Send me a follow up question with that info and we can go from there.

2016-12-22 Capital gains tax calculations:

This can be complicated if the property was owned, for example, by husband and wife originally then one of them died and then it was sold -- if that's the case send me a follow up question as there is

2016-08-27 beneficiary:

Thanks for the clarification. First, you should state that you have no children, natural or adopted in the document -- no need to name the niece/nephews etc -- just children have to be referenced or an


Ask A Question

Inheritance and Property Rights

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.