Audio Systems/Expert Profile

Ask A Question



Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Experience in the area

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.


Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers


Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications



Past/Present Clients

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers

Average Ratings

Recent Answers from Cleggsan

2016-12-01 Crown XLS 2000 Amplifier speaker connection:

Well, it doesn't quite work that way.  Six speakers in parallel is 8/6 = 1.3 ohms. That is too low for one channel.      It would be more ideal if you could get by with 8 speakers; 4 on each side of the

2016-11-29 Crown XLS 2000 Amplifier speaker connection:

Nothing wrong with the speaker units you have described.    Here is the engineering matter you must conform to. The impedance load on the amplifier must be observed so as to not overload the amplifier

2016-11-28 Crown XLS 2000 Amplifier speaker connection:

I understand the question clearly but I need further information from your side.    QUESTION: Do you want same power to all 10 speakers or do you want some louder than others and do you want to be able

2016-11-22 Query re nonaudible PC headsets:

I understand your question. I don't know of any headphone maker that promotes this feature.  The choice may be between the inner ear earbuds and the muff type. My personal experience points to the earbud

2016-11-16 Car Subwoofer:    If you go to the above link you can find the wiring connections.  It seems the radio has builtin audio amps.     A


Ask A Question

Audio Systems

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2016 All rights reserved.