Domestic Violence/Expert Profile

Ask A Question

Daniel Keeran


Follow me on:


Questions about relationships, marriage, healthy and unhealthy communication, intimacy, physical and verbal abuse.

Experience in the area

I have been a therapist in private practice and hospital settings for over 30 years.


College of Mental Health Counseling


MA in European history MSW in clinical social work

Average Ratings

Recent Answers from Daniel Keeran

2012-07-31 My wife has hit me for 13 years:

Get her to agree that if she does not stop assaulting you that you can call the police. The police may not arrest her but they will start a file, and then you can report it each time she does it. If she

2012-07-06 abusive relationship:

Sometimes a person will not leave permanently until several attempts. Make a plan to leave with leaving contact information for him to find you. Leave while he is away. Make your plans in detail: where

2012-02-08 Abusive husband????:

My suggestion is to use the following structure:   1. Hhave meeting in which you and you husband create a written numbered list of your issues.  2. Then each choose an issue that is most important.   3

2012-01-27 Options?:

Your mother is an alcoholic. Have a calm discussion when she is sober. Get her agreement to stop drinking altogether. Also, it is important to agree on consequences including she will go to AA meetings

2011-06-13 Physical/Emotional Abuse:

To keep the playing field even, both of you should make a commitment to never get physical with person or property in a fight or when angry AND also to never engage in name-calling. Yes, I think counseling


Ask A Question

Domestic Violence

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2017 All rights reserved.