Criminal Law/Expert Profile

Ask A Question


Kevin M. Tamez serves as one of the most senior and experienced consultants at The MPM Group, Inc. During more than 27 years of both state and federal law enforcement experience, Mr. Tamez held supervisory roles with state law enforcement as well as senior management positions with the U.S. Department of Justice - serving in both domestic as well as foreign posts. In addition to his extensive foreign operational experience, Mr. Tamez is a court adjudicated expert in most Title 18 and Title 21 complex criminal, undercover, and electronic (Title III) intercept investigations. As a senior manager, he is also an authority in most government administrative matters to include Human Resource and Workers’ Compensation issues. Mr. Tamez has broadened his already considerable expertise by authoring various legal reference and inmate advocacy manuals. Mr. Tamez is frequently sought after for his expertise in counseling and preparing convicted law enforcement personnel, politicians, and other “celebrities” for reporting to a federal penal facility.

Experience in the area

More than 27-years of both state and federal law enforcement. Uniform patrol, Tactical Operations, SWAT, Detective Bureau (Narcotics), and Uniform Supervision. U.S. Federal Agent (Series-1811), all facets of complex domestic investigations, Special Operations, Paramilitary operations overseas, senior management, strategic planning, etc.


Mr. Tamez has authored several formal "Position Papers" as well as several legal reference manuals to include “The Pre-Release/Post-Release Process for Federal Inmates," “Medical Issues for Federal Inmates,” and “The Administrative Remedy Process for Federal Inmates,” thereby establishing himself as one of this industry’s foremost authorities in BOP procedural and administrative matters as well. In addition to his recent legal reference manuals and other professional publications, Mr. Tamez recently authored the critically acclaimed “The BOP’s Failure to Properly Implement the 2nd Chance Act of 2007” as well as the educational website


Mr. Tamez holds a Bachelor's of Arts Degree and has done graduate work at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Mr. Tamez is a graduate of the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy and both the Basic & Advanced Special Agent courses in Quantico Virginia.

Past/Present Clients

Protected by Privacy Agreements

This expert accepts donations:      

Average Ratings

Recent Reviews from Users

Read More Comments

    K = Knowledgeability    C = Clarity of Response    P = Politeness
Emily 08/01/16101010 
Debee07/16/16101010Thank you for your responses. I sort .....
Debee07/15/16101010Has a lot of knowledge. Very reassuring
terri 02/13/16101010your answered helped I'm not a fan .....

Recent Answers from Kevin M. Tamez

2016-07-31 Police survalence:

Emily-    The Reader's Digest version is NO. Neither state nor federal law enforcement can encroach on a person's personal property or enter a private residence without the consent of the owner or, in

2016-07-21 FBI arrest procedures:

Cantraya:    Federal arrest procedures (FBI, DEA, DHS, etc.) are set forth in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure (FRCP).    As a VERY general outline:    A federal agent may make an arrest for any

2016-07-15 crime definition:

 Debee-    What you relate is quite possibly a violation of 2-3 separate issues. By calling a federal or state agency and identifying themselves as someone else, that would most likely constitute "Identity

2016-05-25 Fugitive from Justice:

Tina-    On its face, you should not sign this document if there is a charge as a "Fugitive from Justice" that is either unwarranted or inaccurate. Such a charge can have serious repercussions with a bail/bond

2016-05-17 neighbor harrassment:

Sade-    This is a common issue when apartment units/common space are in close proximity to each other. The simplest solution to the problem is to have the landlord apprised of the situation and insist


Ask A Question

Criminal Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


©2016 All rights reserved.